Content of this document:
- Hackathon event description
- Team composition and competence
- Case description
- Educational SAP material
- The judges will consider the following:
- Format for delivery
- The Award
- The timeline
- Contact information
- Registration form
1. Renewable Energy and the Digital Twin
This Hackathon is on Renewable Energy and the concept "Digital Twin".
The Digital Twin makes Internet of Things (IoT) on the rise.
Gartner has named Digital Twins as one of the top ten strategic technology trends.
Gartner expects 21 billion IoT endpoints by 2020, and a 35% annual growth rate in years to come.
The real challenge, how to embrace the new opportunities - this lies ahead of us.
Join in to this Hackathon as a Student or as a Mentor for a team of Students.
Above you see the Digital Twin of a Wind Turbine
- This is a 24h Hackathon idea and application development competition in parallell in 5 Nordic universities
- It's competitive - your team will compete against many other teams, located at Nordic universities
- The teams will design, build and launch your idea on a cloud-based development platform from SAP
- The ideas should enable new insight, understanding and decision support related to Renewable Energy.
3. Team composition and competence
- BSc or MSc students, in engineering/ICT subjects, but also other study tracks are relevant as team members
- Teams have 6 members.
- There can be 3 teams at each university.
- The team needs to have skills in software development and computer programming to be able to full-fill the case.
- The team needs to have skills in software development and programming to be able to full-fill the case. However, knowledge about one or more of the following will be beneficial:
- Knowledge on how to retrieve, process and work with large data sets
- User interface design.
- Engineering and structural analysis
- Data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Project management/team management
- Economics and business process development
- Innovation and creative design, communication
- Register your name or a full team. We support in the team building process. Register-link https://goo.gl/V3kNFj
4. Case description
Above you see the graphical representation of the time series of the Digital Twin and the Running Wind Turbine.
5. Educational material
- You will receive a package containing easily accessible educational material relevant for the Hackathon event, including documentation, tutorials, videos, etc.
- The following SAP technology will be given access to and learning material on:
- https://www.build.me - web-based platform for designing enterprise apps, from simple sketches to interactive mock-ups. The tool includes an extensive gallery of configurable UI components and tools
- SAP Analytics Cloud – develop solutions for business intelligence based on predictive analytics and machine learning technology
- SAP UI5 Framework & SAP Web IDE
- File from SAP describing the digital twin
- Interesting YouTube links https://youtu.be/ijUTTUmmLYs and https://youtu.be/-KEqvds5aBs
6. The judges will prioritise Originality and Creativity and Business value
- The judges will prioritise Originality and Creativity and the potential Business value of the idea
before the technological aspects and the actual development performed.
| Jesper Skov Gretlund
- The business idea's for the use of the Digital Twin technology is central for the judgment of the result.
- Outlines, Mock-ups and re-use of existing components is accepted as end result.
- Judges will participate remote, to ensure all locations are evaluated equal, independent of Face 2 Face contact.
- Judges have 30 additional minutes and may come back and ask follow up questions.
- As soon as a judge has made up his/her mind he/she will vote.
- The voting result will be followed real-time in your location (interactive voting tool).
7. Your Hackathon presentation should contain the following elements:
- Solution concept – what the solution is to be used for.
(why and when should this solution be used)
- The target group for the solution.
(who will benefit from using it)
- The benefits of the solution to the target group
(what will be saved by using this solution)
- Selfie picture of the development team
Visualisation of Digital Twin
8. The Award
The winning team will be highlighted at the SBN Conference 2018
10.000SEK/NOK/DKK (Local Currency) for the best overall Hackathon solution is
In addition, the Hackathon idea which has the best:
- Originality and creativity, team will be rewarded with 1000SEK/NOK/DKK
- Potential business value, team will be rewarded with 1000SEK/NOK/DKK
- Technological quality, team will be rewarded with 1000SEK/NOK/DKK
Signed Diploma and LinkedIn Endorsement on skill "Renewable Energy"
- The Sponsors and judges (including several CEOs)
- The SAP Director University Engagements
- CEO, SBN-Adfahrer
- Your University contact person.
- Will be given to all participating students.
3 September 12:00. The official registration is opened.
Registrations are from this date binding.
11 September Training: 10:00-15:00
• Analytics Cloud (Maria Lomonosova) 10-11
• BUILD (Thomas Schörner) 11-12
• 12-13 Break
• HANA Query Engine (Stein Tronstad) 13-14
• UI5 and WebIDE (Dietmar Steinbichler) 14-15
10:55 All participants must sign permission to use photos/videos taken during the Hackathon
• Welcome and instructions by EM Fahrer and Nordic Sponsor.
• The Judges are presented by EM Fahrer
• Local staff, Mentors and Local Sponsors introduce themselves F2F
• T-shirt’s will be distributed
• Group Photo & Lunch
12:00 Hackathon begins. The with data pre-loaded tools will be released, the file will be available
15:00 Coffee break and brain energising exercises
17:45 Catch up by EM Fahrer and Nordic Sponsor
21:00 The room and building closes
22 September 9:00 Start of second day - Catch up by EM Fahrer and Nordic Sponsor
10:30 Coffee break and brain energising exercises
11:45 Catch up by EM Fahrer and Nordic Sponsor
11:55 Hackathon idea description document has to be sent by the teams and registered as received.
12:00 Hackathon idea presentations are made by the teams.
This is a 4-6 minutes a pitch “sell-in” presentation made in front of your computer in a “Skype-like” tool
where you can show your presentation and explain it to the judges.
13:30 Lunch in room where voting results are real-time displayed on the wall
14:10 End result will be available, all judges must have voted by 14:10
14:15 Closing presentation with price ceremony + Group Photo
Organizer: EM Fahrer | +46 70 5697808, em[at]adfahrer.com
Contact: Charles Møller, M.Sc.EE., Ph.D. | Charles[at]mp.aau.dk | +45 9940 7101
Aalborg University, CIP
Att: Charles Møller, +45 9940 7101
Fibigerstræde 16, Room: 2.119
Chalmers University of Technology
Contact: Elad Schiller, Docent | elad.schiller[at]chalmers.se | +46-31-772 1052
Chalmers University of Technology
Att: Elad Schiller, +46 31 772 10 52
Rännvägen 6 (Room No 5110A)
S-412 96 Göteborg
KTH Royal Institute of Technology,
Contact: Björn Thuresson, Senior Researcher | thure[at]kth.se | +46 704-460164
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan
Att: Björn Thuresson, + 46 704-460164
Lindstedtsvägen 5, plan 4, rum 4450.
114 28 Stockholm
NTNU (University Trondheim)
Contact: Terje Rølvåg, Professor | terje.rolvag[at]ntnu.no | +47 40065114
Att: Terje Rølvåg, +47 40065114
Richard Birkelands veg 2B
University of Oslo, SIRIUS organisation,
Contact: Dr. David B. Cameron, Centre Coordinator | davidbc[at]ifi.uio.no | + 47 48084637
University of Oslo
Institutt for informatikk
Att: Dr. David B. Cameron, + 47 48084637
For questions talk to your university contact or Eva-Maria Fahrer on 0046 70 5697808. Your contact data will be shared with our sponsors pls. advice if not OK.